• In the Spotlight:

Car Seat Installation Question

I bought Alpha Omega Elite from walmart for my 6 month old. I am rear facing it in my car but I have no clue how to install it in my car with a lap belt. It shows to go under the seat when reclined but I tried and it looks like my belt won't fit but it would have to cuz every car buckle is about the same size....any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not all carseats fit in all cars unfortunately. either contact your local fire department and ask if they do carseat installations (most do) or if you can't figure it out, return it and get a different seat. I personally own 2 of the Cosco - Scenera 5-Point Convertible Car Seat, Checkmate

seats from walmart and love them.  not to mention it is a little less than 1/2 the price of the one you bought.

Anonymous

• definitely get your car seat inspected so they can show you how to do it correctly :)

call your local fire department/police station to find one near you (it's free).

Good luck.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• where wont it fit?

i ahve the same seat rear facing and i can get my whole arm unter the seat cover where the belt goes.....with a balled fist! maybe just keep trying
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• take it to your local police or fire station; they can show you the proper way to install it.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• They also have carseat people at the hospital too. Contact them and they can either tell you by phone or have you come down there.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would find a carseat safety technician to install it and show you how to do it. I had that seat with my son at first and I hated it. I thought it was impossible to install rear facing. It wasn't much batter front facing.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2009