Are there any empty nesters out there who can help me get through these terrible...feeling sorry for me blues?? Our daughter left in 2003 and I am still not over it and she was our only child. And my husband wants to retire from the Army soon and I am just not ready for this lifestyle change!Help!texasgal1962

Asked by texasgal1962 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• My parents went through this... do you get to see your daughter often? If she moved far away, get webcams! My parents live 2000 miles away & we talk to them on the webcam all the time! They've been able to see my son & my growing pregnant belly... it's great!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It's your turn now. Now is the time that you and your husband can do whatever ya wanna do. Enjoy your freedom and time together. We spend years and years raising our kids. Step back and view the wonderful job you guys have done and be proud. With your husband retiring from the army I am sure ya both need some FUN!!!!!

Answer by Barb947 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• We need to talk

Answer by lawla at 10:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2008

• Empty Nest only means you do not have to worry about what time they are coming home.
    Its your time to do the things you could not do all of those years. Do you talk to your daughter on a regular basic? Do the traveling you always wanted to do. When my son went to college he was my youngest the last one leaving. One evening I was feeling bad & the phone rang & he was my son just called to say hey. So when I feel down & sad & call him & leave him a message of hope your having a good love mom.

Answer by Tinkerbell3396 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2008