Should I say something to my friend?

I have a friend that expects me to stay on the phone with her all day long. I really don't mind. Just that when her DH gets home in the evening or off all weekend long, I could be having a major crisis and need someone to talk to and she keeps her phone 'off' when he is home. Do you think I should say something to her or let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Go with your gut feeling here. I could think of a case for either way. I think that I would cut back on the time on the phone with her, for one thing. And if you need her for a crisis and she isn't available, then find a way that she would be available- if she has a land line, for example (a home phone.) Ask her how you can reach her in case of emergency, but don't complain that she is giving her husband priority, but she should give her friend some priority, too.

Answer by Bmat at 9:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• perhaps he won't allow her to have it on. Some men demand undivided attention. He may be a controlling or abusive man. Don't blame her until you know what's up. Until then, find someone else to call in case of a major crisis

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You could ask her about it but I don't think it's unreasonable for her to not answer the phone when her hubby is home. I do think it's unreasonable for her to be on the phone all day however, she should be doing other stuff like taking care of the kids and the house.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If she is a really good friend I would ask her why she has her phone off. Maybe she wants to get her phone calls out of the way before he gets home and then spend the rest of the time with him-- uninterrupted by phone calls. If you are really bothered that she is on the phone with you all day but is not there for you (nights/weekends)when you want to call her-- my 'advice' would be to cut back on the daytime calls and not be available to her all hours of the day.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• SORRY!! I don't know how to edit the question. lol. I forgot to mention that her children are grown and long been out of the house. It seems that she's lonely and I'm the babysitter all day until DH gets home. Then I'm a non-person. Does that make sense?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009