How did ya'll treat your stretch marks?

My baby is 6 weeks, of course I have stretch marks. Who doesn't?? I am feeling really insecure about them. I used to feel so comfortable in my own skin. I dont anymore after having my daughter. How can i effectively treat my stretch marks? Also When do you stop the bleeding??

beachbabi0769

Asked by beachbabi0769 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't remember on the bleeding. But the strech marks will fade a bit. The minor one s will go altogther. The deeper, bigger ones will lose the coloring and be less noticable. You will always see them. I have come to think og mine has my bades of honor. I am a mother and not a super model, I am a real person not an air brushed maginze. It has taken me awhile to get here. Give your self time. It has only been 6 weeks, you still have all sorts of hormones flying around. You had a baby you are getting to now. If you are Breast feeding then you are brobaly just getting into a good rythem. And if you are like me you are stil bloated like a fish and carrying a good amount of extra weight. Concentrate on your baby and taking care of you. Get a one peice and a shrong to ensure they are all covered if you want to go to the pool. It is going to take time.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You will never get rid of them completely...unless you have a tummy tuck....as far as the bleeding that can stay for a couple weeks but it will get lighter as time goes on....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• At 6 weeks I would say you are close to the end of the "neverending period" - I had it forever too. The stretch marks fade, my DD is 10 months old and they are barely noticable (depending on the lighting, lol). Someone told me tanning makes them blend in - I've been too busy with a baby to go tanning... And I am becoming more comfy in my skin now, but it definitely took a while.

There is a saying that I read a while ago that helped me - "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." - Rajneesh

To me, it means that we (just like our new babies) have a lot to learn. For me, its learning how to combine being a young woman and being a mom. Its not as easy as it looks :) GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 10:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009