do u get preclampisa again after u had it once..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can prevent preclampsia by following a higher protein diet and better QUALITY (notice that says quality not quantity) diet... even if you are not into natural childbirth read Robert A Bradley's book on husband coached child birth the diet section or ask for a copy of the diet you should get in a MINIMUM of 40 grams of protein every 24 hours... people who do this NEVER have PIH-- I am living proof-- I followed my Ob's rules the first time was preclamptic delivered a premie almost died in the intrm... followed the OPPOSITE of what I was told with #2 and had no problems and now teach it to others.. and even have old timer OBGYNS asking why it works LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You can get pre eclampsia with succesive pregnancies, a history of pre eclampsia is considered a risk factor for developing it in other pregnancies. The protein diet referred to in the above answer has been suggested as a preventative measure; however, it has not been proven through medical studies at this point. A high protein diet can be harmful in certain circumstances so if you want to try this I recommend checking with your OB first especially if you have any history of kidney disease.
    kmarie66

Answer by kmarie66 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Most of the time preeclampsia is not as severe in subsequent pregnancies as it is in first ones. You may not get it all or if you do it probably won't be as bad.  You may be able to reduce your chances with diet, but I doubt it's possible to eliminate any chance of having preeclampsia.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009