have you ever questioned what love is?

I get stuck on this one and I question if i love my SO, my parents..... or what person I love the most and then I start to panic. I have OCD so this really can be an issue.
If you have questioned what love is what was your conclusion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• This is what love is to me

When you see him your heart skips a beat. You go out of your way to see him but when you do you try to hide because you dont know what to say. When he holds you you start to get week in the knees. You think about what your going to say to him all day so you say the right thing but when you talk it all comes out wrong. You dress up just in case he decides to stop by. If hes sick you bring him soup and a movie so if you get sick at least youll be sick togeather. And there are so many more things its just to much for me to type....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I disagree that is has a physiological effect such as heart skipping a beat or butterflies in the stomach. That may be part of the attraction but not necessarily of love. I love my children with all my heart but nothing skips or flutters, the same with my parents. I know I love them all. I think it's sad that the English language only has the one word "love" for so many levels of affection. I "love" chocolate but of course it's not the same as the love I have for reading nor the same as the love I feel for my family. I love my friends however, I love my SO in an entirely different way. Maybe love is what you want it to mean. For some it means peace and joy within for another person. For others it obviously means that giddy heartbeat thing which normally accompanies infatuation instead of love I might add. Whether you have OCD or not couldn't you just accept whatever you felt for a person as whatever you want it to be?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009