• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone else feel more powerful during a storm?

I can tell when a strom is coming. Not only can I smell the rain, I feel the energy of it. It feels like a tingle of elctricity going through my body. And, I usually feel like I could just shout electricity out of the tips of my fingers if i just tried hard enough. I love it. So, I guess it's a good thing I live in Indiana, huh?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an air sign and loooove rainstorms. Lightning and thunder crackle through me. If the rain is light enough, I go outside and dance in it. My neighbors probably think I'm a lunatic!! The power and energy just make me so high!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You should feel some of the storms up in the Rockies! We get some very intense lightning!

I tend to feel things more before the storm then during. And an amazing calm once it is over.
    Anonymous

• I do... I HAVE to HAVE all windows open and am outside during the intense storms...
    I can feel the begining of it and the end and the inbetween of it... (hard to explain in words) I have always had a connections with the weather...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I like the storms, I sit outside but I don't feel more energy.
    Anonymous

• I pick up on the atmosphere - I feel calm and insist on having a window open so I can sit and listen. It just soothes me - I love thunderstorms.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No---I get my purse and go to the basement. In MN we have tornado warnings and I hate storms. Lightning and thunder are no fun.Powerful? What is so cool about being powerful? Do you want to be a Power Ranger? Superwoman? Wonder Woman? Sheeeeesh. I just want to be a good person....in my basement when the sirens start.
    Anonymous

• If its a thunderstorm I do. Regular rain I love but dont feel any more powerful,etc but with lightning I do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yes. i love storms. ...and interstingly enough. so do my boys. As soon as they hear the thunder they jump up and down excitedly and ask if they can go outside to play in the rain. lol
    I dont know why they enjoy it so much. I mean, i like the storms. It puts me in a good mood. But they just have a GRAND ol' time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I don't really notice the difference that much, but we did have a thunderstorm here the other day and my normally mellow guinea pigs were freaking out in the hour or so before it arrived. I do think there is probably some change in electrical charge in the atmosphere that some people and animals may sense.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• We have tornado warnings and watches here too, anon. I never said I didn't worry about tornadoes. They are scarey and I don't like them. But a good thunderstorm, to me, is refreshing. And for me, feeling more powerful helps me to send out my energy to others who may not be feeling as energized as I am. And, I do this whether there is a storm or not, but I think a storm helps to carry the energy.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009