How can I make my husband be a dad????????????

Deb_e231

Asked by Deb_e231 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can't make anyone do anything! You can talk with him and offer suggestions on what you think a "dad" should be but if he doesn't want to do it, he won't!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Honey, you can't. He has to want to grow up and become a father. Remember, anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. If he's not ready to grow up and face his responsibilities, I am sorry, but I would not sit around and wait for him.. it may never happen. Trust me, been there done that.... Find out now, while the child is still young and you can find someone better....
    Anonymous

• Did u decide to have kids together????
    Im sorry to say: but you can't make him be anything.
    I am a single mommy of a beautiful six yr old n her daddy is not a daddy at all. He has only seen her 2 times in 3 years. He doesn't want to be a dad.
    In ur case ur married: what is he doing that is not making him "a dad". Does he not spend time with his baby(s), provide for you two?????
    I could suggest seeing a counsler, however, i don't know first hand how that works......but have you talked to him>???????
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You cant make someone be a dad they will become one though. My SO was very awkward about the whole baby thing when I was preg & while my DD was a newborn. It took him some time to finally figure out what to do & how to act but he got there. Your DH will come around to the whole kid thing but just give him some time & be patient w/ him.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• you cant sorry
    Anonymous

• You cannot make anyone be a parent, sorry. You can talk to him and help him but if he doesn't want to do so, then there is nothing you can do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• sorry, you can't make him. he has to want to do it but tell him if he doesn't you'll find someone else who can. that should get his attention

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You can't, if your child is really young it might be that he's not a hands on guy when it comes to infants and he'll become a better dad as your child grows. If your child is older try to find something that interest your husband and see if he'll do it with your child.

My hubby was hands off with our oldest, slightly more hands on with the middle child and now he's pretty hands on with our 3 month old. This is all in the infant stage, he's very hands on with the older two now that they are older.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Unfortunatly you can't make anyone do something they don't want to do. If he can't look at his own child, and want to be a father he is no good. Any decent parent wants to be there for there kids, and they don't need anyone to tell them or make them do it.
    Princess_Sarah7

Answer by Princess_Sarah7 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Oh boy it's really hard when your in a situation like that... I know from expierence, you can never change the way they think. There's always a solution to a problem like that and it's get rid of his ass he's useless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2009