Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a 18 year old and im haven a baby boy this step. and my boyfriend lives in sc and he cant find any jobs what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (9)
  • give the baby up for adoption

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • Maybe he should lower his standards of where to work Walmart or BK is good enough for now u know. Also when u apply for a job I always find that if u call back within a few days of putting in an application & ask to talk to the manager in regards to ur app then ask for an interview that u get more noticed & get the job a lot more. If the manager is not in & u just have to leave a message give it like two moer days & call back, keep calling until u speak to a manager dont give up. Be persistant managers like to see this in ppl, it worked for me sevearl times. Good luck

    Answer by Mel30248 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • You need to contact your local welfare department and make sure you get on all the programs you can. You also need to make sure you follow all the advice the doctors give you and take prenatals everyday. First thing of imprtance is your health, getting a job, and a secure and safe home for you and your child to live. You can't count on the "donor", but obviously you need to pursue support.

    Answer by Seven07 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • i agree with seven07. the government will help you. you can get food stamps and all kinds of other help.

    Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • I can not believe someone posted that??? anyway here's my thought-- go on public assistance for a bit (like 2-3 years) -- get a place thats small and clean and paid for... get food stamps... and if you belong to a church ask for help ... apply to ONLINE college programs or local community college short programs... so online you can do for example paralegal or medical billing something like that at local community college you can take phlebotomy or EMT (those are really short ) or paramedic (thats a full 2 years) pick something you know work is available... as for your bf... ??? all I can say is do not support him unless he's working as hard as you then you tough it out together

    Answer by MELRN at 10:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • yup, let the govt fund you bc they will get it back from your bf through child support so take what you can get now.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • Do what your kind does best, go on welfare.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • dont give it up for adoption, its not like your 13 years old, your an adult, and you can be a mother, dont listen to anyone who says your just a child, do you have a support group, family that will help? im also due in september, congrats on your baby boy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

  • keep prayin

    Answer by mekarevell at 9:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.