I tried looking this up but didn't get what I was looking for (please help)

Why does having a miscarriage make you nauseous? I haven't been able to eat anything since Thursday and keep throwing up water. Besides being emotionally drained, this is making me even more tired. I have a 6 month old son and it's getting very hard to function. My appointment with the OBGYN isn't till Monday and I could really use some advice.

I'm just really confused as to why I lost my baby but have to deal with worse sickness than while I was pregnant.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My guess is it could be your body readjusting to not being pregnant anymore. I didn't feel like eating when I had my 2 m/c, but I didn't throw up. I would bring this up to your dr asap though.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• The nauseousness you are experiencing could be completely unrelated to your miscarriage. Do you have any other symptoms such as fever or aches? Was this a spontaneous complete miscarriage at home or did you receive medication in the hospital? Some of the meds we use for women with incomplete miscarriages can cause nausea. Until you can see you MD, try very hot or very cold liquids (ice chips or tea) as these tend to be less offensive to the gut. Once you are keeping down liquids you can add crackers and toast. If the vomiting is unbearable go to your local ER for fluid replacement and anti-emetics.
    kmarie66

Answer by kmarie66 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• The doctor at the ER warned me that I may be nauseous, but I just wanted to get out of there so I didn't listen much and left.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I had a blighted ovum and my body finally miscarried at 12 weeks (I had no idea the baby didn't form so went to the ER). I decided on letting everything pass naturally so I haven't taken any medication. Ice actually sounds pretty good though, thank you.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'd rather just be sick at home then have to deal with the ER again. It took 3 hours for me to get an ultrasound and they kept forgetting about me. I guess it's just not that much of an emergency when you haven't gotten to that 22 week mark.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• im not sure but i had the same thing when i misscarried nothing stayed down im also wondering on this i just thought it was normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2009