moving

my fiance and I are looking to move. I'm pregnant due on aug 2 and don't think we will find anything until after the baby is born. so my question is how easy is it to move with an infant? also I will be looking for work a month or two after baby is born. will that effect the process at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• It really depends on if you're planning on moving to another town or not, I would think. We moved when my daughter was a month old, but it was within the same apt. complex. They didn't have the larger apt. available 'til then. We had only really set up her bassinet, knowing we were going to move. We waited to set up the crib, high chair, swing and other stuff 'til after we moved. Starting a new job and moving at the same time will be tough, especially since you'll be healing from the baby and under a lot of stress, but it is do-able.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• we live in a town that is connected to two others spanning a 30 minute drive across all of them (hope that makes sense) we will be moving somewhere within these three towns (so potentially a 30 min move) we already have everything set up because we just started planning the move when df mom offered to pay the deposit and 1st & last. also we want my 3 y/o to understand we will be bringing a new baby home.
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• Newborns sleep tons, so while he/she is sleeping, kick it into high gear and get as much done as possible. I moved with a six month old by myself, and it was a lot more difficult than what it would have been if she was a newborn.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I've moved before having a baby, right afterwards and with toddlers/small children in tow. It was 10 times harder with small children then with a baby.
    I moved us from 1 apt to a house across town when I was 7/8 months pregnant and did most of it myself. That sucked. Then 3 weeks after the baby was born we picked up and moved 350 miles away to another state. Because I had just had a c-section and had ruptured a disk in my back I was unable to actually do any moving so we enlisted the help of my husband's nephew and niece and my fil. The packed and unpacked the trailer (I packed all the boxes).
    Then we moved in 2005 with 3 kids (2, 3 and just turned 5 at the time). That SUCKED beyond belief because the kids were always in the way. At least the baby just slept the whole time and having to feed her every 2 hours was an excuse for me to take a break, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009