Why do you join a group and then never be active in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I joined several groups when I first started CafeMom...but then I found this.....lol and I like it better....;)
    Anonymous

• you like question/answers better than posts?
    Anonymous

• I have memberships in many groups. But I rarely have the time to be in them all the time. I do try to at least make it in once a week or so, but that can get very hard to do. Time just runs out and on my list of importance Groups on Cafe Mom are far from the top!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yes I like question/answer better than group.
    Anonymous

• And I too, prefer the Answers section to posts... IT's more conversation like...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm in a few groups but my posts never seem to be answered. I always feel like I'm the only one in the group, because all of the other posts are like over 2 weeks old. Atleast in the Q&A there's actual interaction!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I am in several groups. I have my memberships in those groups set to send me a daily digest. I read the posts with topics that interest me, respond when I can, and post when appropriate.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I also admit to getting sucked into the abyss that is question/answer. I do find that the groups I belong to offer much more constructive and supportive advice as well.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would say mainly time is a factor. When you see the groups along the way they look interesting or may cover a topic you might want more information in and the groups can collect pretty fast. What you find though is that you only have so much time to be online and other things come along. This section eats my online time.

I don't think anyone joins with the idea that they won't be active they just don't get around to it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Some people just like to read and be informed. It depends on the group I guess. Some people join groups and then just never sign back on. You never really know because there can be many reasons.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009