ADVICE PLEASE??

I was dating a guy on parole and I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and in my heart I thought he'd change. He started going out at night and not coming home until 4 or 5 in the morning. Coming back drunk or high and I have zero tolerance for that. I let it go two times but the third time he did this I went the next day and told his parole officer he's an idiot and how we always fight etc etc.. He made me write a statement and said they wouldn't violate him on it. Come Thursday they took him back to jail and said it was because of my statement. His whole family is talking crap which I dont' care because we didnt' get along anyways. So now I'm 2 months pregnant and he won' t have a hearing until Aug 20th. I feel so bad about this but I was just so fed up with his bullcrap i just didnt know that my word would hold so much weight. Any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sorry no
    i personally wouldnt stoop that low to be with someone on parole tho
    Anonymous

• just go on with your life, is this his baby? If so don't tell him and go on! Forget about him
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• First of all, did you think he was a great guy when he was on parole? What did he do to get himself there? Second, why did you go to his parole officer? Couldn't you just end the relationship? Anyway, get rid of him.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You and the baby are probably better off without him, to be honest. Anytime you talk to a law enforcement officer, I would hope they would take you seriously. If I were you, I wouldn't go back on anything you said in your written statement.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Apparently you don't have a zero tolerance policy because if you did he would have been gone after the first time. That's what ZERO tolerance means.

Tell him when he straightens up he can look into part of your life. Make him pass drug tests if he wants to see the baby.

Anonymous

• I agree that you should move on. I hope it's not his baby, but if it is, you should still try to make the best of this situation.

And don't let judgmental people get to you - wether they are his family OR anons as in above.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Holy fuck. That's a bad situation.
    Anonymous

• Holy shit Batman! You certainly have a big problem.
    Anonymous

• As a former wife of an addict...RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!
    kmarie66

Answer by kmarie66 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Anytime you write a statement it can and will be used against you or the person the statement is about, you live and learn so...next time don't write a statement unless your ready to face the consequences of writing the statement, now he's in jail. I agree with the others tho, it is probably for the best it's just a hard situation to be in, because your pregnant. Think long and hard about how you want to handle this meaning do you want this person to be in your child's life or not sometimes it is in the child's best interest to not be around someone that may have a negative impact on his or her life, even a parent. It just sucks to have to make those choices for your kid(s) you always wonder if it was the right decision. Good Luck.

Anonymous