How do you guys feel about the pregnant man? Do you think that science has gone too far?

Labor of Love
Is society ready for this pregnant husband?
By Thomas Beatie
From The Advocate April 8, 2008
To our neighbors, my wife, Nancy, and I don’t appear in the least unusual. To those in the quiet Oregon community where we live, we are viewed just as we are -- a happy couple deeply in love. Our desire to work hard, buy our first home, and start a family was nothing out of the ordinary. That is, until we decided that I would carry our child.

I am transgender, legally male, and legally married to Nancy. Unlike those in same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships, or civil unions, Nancy and I are afforded the more than 1,100 federal rights of marriage. Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights. Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire, but a human desire.

laydlexius

Asked by laydlexius at 11:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She wasnt a man....SHE had a uterus...men dont have a uterus....it was all external things that surgery changed for her.....I cant stand that people made such a big deal over it...I was like, "its still a woman" who cares.

Now when a man who was born with a penis, and NO UTERUS, gives birth I may pay attention.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm not sure I understand how science has gone to far? He has a uterus and everything to carry a baby. It's not a whole lot different than a woman who gets in vitro. Only difference being that on the outside he looks like a he. It doesn't affect me but more power to them. They love each other and they love their kid. Are they still trying to have another or did they have another?
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• it wAS a women who felt in her heart she should have been born a man but in reality she was made a women thats how she barred that child no man is born with a uterus so in my eyes she is a women not a man!! SOrry
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• technically he is a she....she just took off her breasts and took hormones....no sexy change...no weiner....so technically the prego man is/was a prego woman....so until a real man with a real penis becomes prego, i wont beleive any of it....
    CJK_2009

Answer by CJK_2009 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2009