in need of nursing tips!!

i need advice on some clothes tht will make it easier to nurse in public witout exposing myself. it wuld b great if these tips wer cheap. i cant afford those nursing tops online

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought cheap nursing bras at Walmart and they worked great. Any button down top also works fine. As far as nursing in public goes, I didn't have to do that much. When he was a newborn we didn't go out too often and as he got older we went around his schedule. He went back and forth between bottle and breast with no problem so I pumped before hand if I thought I needed to. Not many public places where I would have had a comfortable enough spot to nurse.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• How would you feel about eating covered by a blanket?
    Anonymous

• I wasn't very comfortable nursing in public, but did when I needed to. Sometimes I just found a quiet place to nurse him... like at a mall I nursed in fitting rooms or some places have really nice nursing area's. But other times I threw a blanket over my shoulder and covered up that way. When he got older and bigger I didn't cover up at all, he was big enough I didn't need to cover anything.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have covered the windows in my car with recieving blankets to nurse in the backseat, gone into restrooms, dressing rooms, a bedroom when at someone elses home. My little guy didnt like being covered up while nursing, ever.
    valentinemama

Answer by valentinemama at 12:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• A low cut tank top under an at least slightly baggy shirt. Pop the boob out of the top of the tank top, and let the shirt fall down to his face. On the vast majority of women this covers everything.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I never used one, but I have heard that those slings work great for nursing. I think you can use those baby bjorn things too. Looked up walmart.com and see if they have them. I didnt nurse in public, just in a room at someones house or in the car (parked of course).
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Get a couple of nursing tank tops and wear them underneath your normal top. They have the little clippies so you can unclip up at the top and then just push your regular top up. That will keep you covered. Check ebay for deal on nursing tanks.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i just wear whatever. if i need to nurse i pull my shirt UP. you show less skin that way, because baby is blocking your belly
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• ive alwasy worn sports bras,works great for me
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Get some a line tank tops some people call them wife beaters, cut slits in them near where you breasts are straight up and down and wear them under ANY shirt, no need for nursing shirts the tank top covers your belly, breast, back etc and only the nipple that the child is latched onto is out(though not visable because of the tank and shirt
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2009