If you couldnt stop your baby from crying

what if you baby just cried for no reason like screaming but his or her eyes was closed what would you do?

parisonmom

Asked by parisonmom at 11:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like a night terror. My nephew used to get these when he was little (he lived with us at the time). We'd just sit with him until it passed. He'd hold him, talk to him, rock him, and nothing really worked. We'd just do what ever we could think of. He out grew them (mostly) after a while.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would go to the Dr to make sure their was no problem that i had missed.

My dd was about 3 months old and started crying. Solid crying, for no reason that I could see.

I eventually took her to the Dr and she had a UTI and had to be hospitalized.

If its colic they will tell you, if its a problem, he may need a Dr's help. Better to check and be safe.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Luckily I only had one night of that and NOTHING soothed him. I was flippin out and crying cuz I felt so bad that I couldnt help him and completely exhausted ( I didn't go to bed till 8am!!) I ended up trying to sooth him and rub his belly and back and when I started to flip I would put him in his crib and step outside to smoke a cig and calm down, then try it again..over and over and over again!!! lol. My son is 6yrs now and I will never forget that night!!! It was horrible!! lol. I could never imagine a mom who has a baby w colic!! I empathize completely and though I never did the crying it out....I can see why they make that an option.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My daughter did that when she was about 10 months. It was really strange. She'd get really stiff in her crib while screaming but if you tried to touch her she'd cry louder as if she were on fire or something. She'd freak even more if you tried to pick her up or touch her in anyway. She eventually stopped before I took action to get her checked out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my hb so my 4 mo old had a night marror so i picked him up took him downstairs and he still was screaming and then hb took him he was still so i took him back upstair and he had a nighty on unsnapped it and he woke up but he was still crying then he calmed down i was freaking out i thought he was biting by something
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 11:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Id lightly rub their back and talk soothingly or sing.

I used to pick my son up(my oldest had them quite often and Id find him standing in his crib, eyes closed but crying) and rock him. Id sing too and that eventually calmed him down. So did putting him back on his tummy and rubbing his back while I sang or talked calmly and quietly.

It usually took an hour or a bit more but it will work.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• oh my daughter had one of those days when she was just under 4 months old..it was hellllllllll nothing helped her..and i tried everything..same as the previous poster, even when i went to touch her or pick her up she cried even harder, it was sooo hard..was making me cry to!! tried feeding her, changing her, holding her, bouncing her, giving her gripe water, toys, even got my mom to come over to see if that would help..but nothing did!! not jut crying, SCREAMING!! at the top of her lungs!! made me feel like the worst parent ever! and i was/am single mom so i didnt even have any one (other than my parents) to turn to. but yaaa, thats a day i will also never forget!! ohh and also because i was letting her cry for a few minutes on her own, my mom said she was gonna call CPS on me, because i wasnt in there 'comforting' her..yaaaaaa that made me mad, considering she could see how my daughter was acting.so ya..i will never forget
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My son cried for the first five months of his life. I finally found out he had a double hernia and was in

extreme pain. He had surgery, and the crying stopped.

I fell that any extreme crying needs to be addressed by a doctor.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009