What is virtue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What is virtue and how do we know that we are virtuous? Who can define it? Sure, Webster can say "Moral excellence" but how it that morality defined? Is it something that we inherently know? Or do we need to be taught? Is a virtuous and just man any better off than an unjust man when it seems that they are rewarded equally or even disproportionately toward the favor of the unjust? These are age old questions and require more delving than the space allotted here in one answer!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I looked it up on www.dictionary.com and here is what it said:
    Moral excellence, goodness, righteousness; virginity. chastity; conformity of one's life & conduct to moral and ethical principles; good or admirable quality.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• definition: 1. General moral excellence 2. a specific moral quality regarded as good 3. Chasity 4. a) excellence in general b) a good quality 5. efficancy, as of a medicine --by (or in) in virtue of because of

Sorry got that out of the Webster's New World Dictionary
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I am a jackass but thats ok, I sleep all night and I play all day. I am a jackass...is that ok?
    2moronhelpers

Answer by 2moronhelpers at 11:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009