My daughter is one-month old. We have been noticing that she has both clammy hands & feet. Her temperature is in the 98.5 range. Is the clamminess normal? And, what causes it?

DawnGarces

Asked by DawnGarces at 11:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, for the hands, babys hands are in a constant fist until i think 3 or 4 months when they start to keep their hands open. So maybe her hands are just sweaty from being closed.

Thats just a thought. It strictly just a guess.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My baby is three months old and she's always had cold/clammy feet and sometimes her hands too. I read in a book that their circulation is still developing and that it's pretty normal. Feel the back of her neck or her belly and if those places feel warm she should be fine.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Circulation is still developing at this point so it's totally normal for the hands and feet to be cold, clammy but overly sweaty indicates that baby is way too hot!
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 2:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my daughter is a month and its like that...its normal as long as her temperature is ok and shes not all sweaty
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• its normal my son had that his would be clammy and sweaty, and he grew out of it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2009