Water Breaking ?!?

I am a few days shy of 39 wks, and past few days I been having a white discharge. It's not A yeast infection ( I know bc I just got rid of it like 2 wks ago with meds ) and today when I sneezed I had to go to the bathroom bc I felt a little trickle come down ( I thought I peed myself lol ) So ..Idk. I'm a first timer pregnant. Is this my mucus plug\ water breaking ??

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it is because of ur sneeze when u sneezed it pushed down on ur bladder an there for ur baby put pressure there so it could have been pea unfortunately if u water did break u would be experiencing contractions every 3 minutes apart when one stops then the timing from the end of that one starts up again so i think it might just have been pea good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You don't have to get contractions once your water breaks. When my sister's water broke she went straight to the hospital and she sat there for 5 hours with no contractions and ended up with a c section. If your water did break they need to deliver your baby within 24 hours.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• it could take up to 24 hours before your contractions start.
    you don't HAVE to deliver within the 24 hours, but at most hospitals, they do push for that.
    its very common to sneeze and pee, or cough and pee. Or even move wrong, hop, twist, and pee. Especially since you are so far along.
    Once your water breaks, its eithor going to gush, or it can trickle. the trickle you will know is your water because it comes out more and more as you move, and normally, but not always has a sweeter smell to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You could have had a small leak. The sac does self repairs and IF it was a leak, it would seal back up. And as previous posters have stated with so much pressure on the bladder sneezing/coughing/laughing can cause you to pee.

And like the pp said you don't HAVE to deliver in 24 hours. and if your water breaks, you should refuse vaginal exams -- they won't tell you much of anything but can cause you to be disappointed and can introduce bacteria (which is why hospitals have that stupid 24 hour policy -- if they didn't stick their hands up a woman ever hour there would be no need.) They'll give you a hard time about it, but it isn't their vagina and they'll get over it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2009