What was your baby's first boo boo?

Hayden will be 1 year on July 18th. Until today nothing has happened to her. She hasn't been sick, had a feaver, gotten hurt...until today! She was standing, holding on to the couch and out of nowhere she fell and hit her head on the table just above her left eye. I'm used to her bonking herself, so I picked her up and told her she was fine. Then my mom said, "Um...look at her head." Within one minute she had a huge, like the size of a walnut, lump and eggplant purple bruise on her head. I immediately grabbed the Tylonal and called the doctor. Of course by the time the doc called back she was fine, crawling around and laughing. Doc kinda laughed at me and said it would bother me more that it bothers her. Oh my God, that was scary...and funny!

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Her baby shots, falling off the couch.
    Anonymous

• he was about 7 months old and standing by the tub, had his 2 bottob teeth in and slipped and his tteeth cut the skin holding his top lip to his gum, bleed a LOT!!!! but he as fine!

now hes 3 andthe baby is 1 and weve had TONS of bumps, bruises, cuts, and blood! but only 1 trip to the ER...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• He was 9 months old and fell into the corner of the coffee table and got a huge bruised bump on his head.
    (I had gotten this cushioned wrap that went around the table the day before. If I dhad not the wrap, we would have been in the ER all night}
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My son's first major boo boo was when I was giving him a bath and he was just learning to stand. I let him draw on the bathroom walls with water crayons. I turned for a split second to put one up and he stood up and slipped and fell. He hit the edge rim of the bathtub right between the eyes. We called 911. It was a really bad bruise. We took him to the ER to have x-rays. Well, he was ok. The doctor said that he will have two nice black eyes. But, that first boo boo scared me to death. Now, a kiss will make the boo boo's better. However, that was his first Christmas walking and for Christmas he had two black eyes. LOL I even took pictures of him in a Santa hat.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• she must only been like 3 months, and i had her on my bed laying on her back, and i was overtop of her kneeling, taking some pictures of her, and the camera slipped outta my hands and landed on her face...she had lil bruise right underneath her eye..oh my goodness, i felt so bad, i started crying she was crying, i didnt even know what to do, my mom was there, and i as crying so hard i couldnt even explain to her what happened..it was terrible..i mean she was fine..lol..but, IIIII felt terrible..then the next couple of days with her looking like she had a black eye...ooooooh so sad!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• When my dd was a little over one year old, she flung herself out of a rocking chair and onto hardwood floors. Her tooth had just barely broken out of her gums, but the force of her blow knocked it all the way out. When she lifted up her face it was covered in blood. Talk about panicking. She was eventually fine but to this day, just thinking about it makes me a little sick to my stomach.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 12:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My first baby caught me by surprise one day and rolled right off the couch when I didn't even know she could roll yet! She was about 4 months old I think. It scared us both to death.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009