What is wrong with me?

I have known my husband for 20yrs. I am no longer want to be with him. We have 2 kids 5 and 10,,,, i am torn

EyestosoulMom

Asked by EyestosoulMom at 12:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• You just fell out of love with him? You really didn't give much to go on. Try marriage counseling and see if you can get to the bottom of your feelings.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• take a break for a while to figure it all out before you do anything drastic

Answer by admckenzie at 12:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• For what reason do you not love him anymore? Talk to him and tell him your problem and how you feel. Maybe you can work it out. Go out on a romantic date. Search yourself and make sure you really dont love him or if its just a phase in your life right now. divorcing is a BIG headache especially with kids involved.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 12:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• ok You've known him for twenty years but how long have you been married? Do you partner on financial decisions? Do you share most views on parenting techniques? Does he ask your opinion on things he reads or hears about? Does he confide in you about worries? Does he brag about your intelligence and skills to others?

If no is your answer to three or more of those questions how about going to counselling to learn more about your own wishes and needs separate from being his wife? If you said no to three or more of those questions then just chit chat gabbing communication is missing with him no matter why. I'm wrestling with a decision to start divorce with someone I've been married to for over twenty years. The longer you and he stay and don't share your lives instead of just sharing once in every four or five months things , then the worse your relationship will be. Love yourself and your kids first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• He loves me where he can be possessive. Over the years a lot of things happen and resentment built. I don't feel feminine and sexy with him. I don't feel protected, he seems still the same 19 year old I met. I feel I need a man.
    EyestosoulMom

Answer by EyestosoulMom at 12:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2009