Health Information Tech

I am working at a hospital as a medical transcriptionist and I am thinking about furthering my education by getting a degree in Health Information Management. Is this a good idea. Will this degree help me advance my career and has anyone had success with a degree like this or is it wasted money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right choice for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009