how does anybody tell you your child wont walk like normal walk

what is test for this when is is discovered when id a diagnosis given what is the reason, Ive never been told she not going to walk but i have heard it will be different without testing how do you know? her steps are normal just late, sje walk alone not tip toe she seems afraid to go too long of a distance can it be he low muscle tone only? i getting pretty tired of all this guessing game one pt says well she walk in therapy all over the place the other says she walk but needs help with braces , havana gracie jusst take off will you.

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 12:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son's orthopedic doctor told us not to listen to anyone who tells us that he won't be able to walk. No one can tell us that because anything can happen. All you can do is keep up with therapy and don't give up.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Every child walks and does everything at his or her own speed, there is no set time for it to happen, there are test that the chides doc can do to see if there is bone, muscle or nerve problems. And even if the doc does the test I would still get a second opinion, They told me my son would never walk at all due to nerve damage from when he was born, well they were wrong because my son wont stand still but he wont walk for a long time.... I recommend looking into some of the test and see what they say.... also if you always pick them up and carry them they wont want to walk because you take them every were they need to go...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009