Do you choose your friends based on their lifestyle?

HONESTLY...

Do you accept the new mom in the playgroup as your friend if she dresses for comfort instead of style? What if her house is in a neighborhood that was not as nice as your own? Do you choose your friends based on what they do or do not have or based on personality alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Personality and probably a little on the other stuff.
    I have a friend right now that dresses questionably (not so much comfort vs style. ...just different) and she lives in a neighborhood that is not as nice as my own. And i know that her house is not very clean most of the time.
    But she's still my friend. If it was a little more over the top though, she probably wouldnt be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I go for personality and how well we get along. Money, houses, and clothing dont mean much to me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I dont choose them based on money, homes, or clothing, I choice based on their morals and how well we get along. I have to be honest,, I dont have a single friend who is prochoice, it bothers me that much. I am not friends with people who worship Satan, although, I have many friends who are Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, and Wicca. I don't have friends who sleep around,well, ok, if they started to sleep around after we were friends, I dont drop them, I try to lead them back to who they really are. I do not make friends with people who smoke, drink(to much, a little is fine, but getting drunk several nights a week is not ok) or do drugs. but again, if that starts after I am friends, I try to help them.

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Personality and a sense of humor go a LONG way with me!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I will be friends with anyone. I don't judge on where they live, or how they dress. I do feel intimidated by someone with a lot more money than me, but I'm not going to tell them I can't be friends because i'm not comfortable with whats in my bank account. I am fine with being friends with people who have less than me. I don't mean to, but I am a giving person, and I have had a friend not want to hang anymore because I offer to buy stuff a lot.

But I do find it easier to be friends with fellow military wives. We understand the things each other goes through a little more. BUT I have TONS of non-military wife friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I'm pretty accepting of people. I don't seem to click with people who don't have kids because they don't understand the same things as people with kids. I have a really good friend who has kids and I don't agree with her lifestyle at all or how she raises her kids, but we've been friends for over 15 years and I just deal with her as much as possible.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2009