is it my fault?

i am 16 and just had a kid but it wasnt my fault someone broke in my house raped me and i got pregnant

Brittany16

Asked by Brittany16 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No! Being raped is never the victims fault. I think it's great that you were able to have that baby. Do they know who did it?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No, of course it's not your fault! Kudos to you for keeping the baby!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Don't ever think that's your fault. Just look at it as being blessed with another life and it might seem like you're missing out by having to grow up so fast, but it makes you stronger and more successful in the long run. A lot of people screw off and don't grow up until about 25-30yrs old. You'll be making money, having a nice home and car, and a beautiful child and life. Look at the bright side of things and don't give up. You'll have a great life. There are a lot of programs for moms to go to school too, so try to get a good education and you'll be fine.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No its not your fault and im so sorry if you feel that way. If your having problems coping there may be programs for counseling in your area. Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• NO WAY IS IT YOUR FAULT!! If anyone tells you that, they are just plain mean. Go to a rape crisis center and get some counseling. Rape is never the victims fault, it is the rapist that is at fault. You had no control of the situation. Please, get some help. Best of luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009