14 Year Old Dating?

My son is 14 years old and he has never had a girlfriend. Is this a bad thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• No, it is a good thing! There is no reason a 14 year old should be dating. The purpose of dating is to find someone to marry. He should be focusing on other things right now, not finding the woman he wants to marry. He has plenty of time for that later in his life. Personally I think it's wise to just have friends at his age and then when he is older (around 17 or 18) dating.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 12:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• no it's a good thing. he really isn't ready to be hurt and deal with the emotions that come with it. so be grateful cause as he matures he will be ready to date then and have a level head. my son who is now 17 didn't start dtaing until just this yr and i'm happy he didn't get involved with girls until now. the girls he has dated have all screwed with his head and he is mature enough to take the break ups. he has never gotten back with any girl who dumped him. i think he is showing that he is ready to at least start dating but i would never let him have a long term relationship until he gets back from his mission. my 14 yr old another issue. being girl crazy and i worry he might get himself into some serious problems if i was to slack on keeping a track of him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't worry too much. As long as he shows confidence and gets noticed, someone will take notice in him. Let him do his thing and he'll eventually find someone right for him. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree. There is no reason for any kid that young to be dating!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• another thing is how do you know know he isn't dating? at that age I never told my parents when I was "dating" course it wasn't "real" dating as we only hung out at school but we did the hand holding thing and kissed. it wasn't real dating, but we thought it was... but like others have said its not a bad thing. maybe even better in the long run.
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 1:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• he is not dating that just lil crushes and that happen just keep them in your eye sight
    lovejoy

Answer by lovejoy at 3:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Most 14 year olds dating isn't harmful. Normally its just a fun thing and nothing usually bad comes out of it. Its basically just like friends together. Nothing to be worried about. Usually, its a quick break up or a life lesson. It will teach him emotions if its a good enough relationship and not just a "Your cute we should date" Sord of thing. Just let him have his fun, its okay to be cautious..but dont stop the relationship. It can give him trust issues towards you and not want to tell you anything.
    DramaQueen195

Answer by DramaQueen195 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My last answer was if he HAS a girlfriend, whoops!
    I didn't read the question good enough. Haha.
    Maybe he isn't ready yet or interested. You shouldn't worry about it. He might just be wanting to have fun at this age and not have to deal with the responsibilty of having a girlfriend, and doing things with her all the time. Its perfectly normal.
    DramaQueen195

Answer by DramaQueen195 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Be thankful he is not dating! My goodness at 14 he should be more worried about the next football game or video games than girls. I say let kids be kids, why rush things... Be glad =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• no it's not a bad thing. He's normal. Let him move at his own pace. He's just checking out all his options now.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009