when did you baby say its first REAL (lol) word?

LA09TKP

Asked by LA09TKP at 12:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• or atleast first word that they knew what it meant and understood as well as you did?
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 12:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think she knows what Da-Da means. But we've heard her say- dada, no, yeah, and Bad dogs. No lie.... But i think she just managed to mimick my dad. How i have no clue, but she did.
    She'll be 8 months tomorrow.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• That I recall it was under a year old and I'm pretty sure it was rella. (after cinderella) I started talking and walking at 9 months. I have friends who's kids didn't develop speach until after 2yrs! I'm sure she is starting to talk and I'm very happy for you!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My husband was lying in bed next to me while I fed her and she was getting tired. Well she looked at me with the brightest eyes and said "i love you." We were both in total shock and she hasn't done it again but she made a point to look at me, lock eyes and say it. She was 13 weeks old! Maybe because I say this to her like 100 times a day!
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 2:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my daughter said her first word at 8 months, my son about 10 1/2 months. he's 11 1/2 months and says 4 words, and seems to know what they mean. babies understand alot more than they can tell you though.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my sons says, mom(never said momma) and maama(trying for grandma) and sometimes up. He's 9 almost 10 months and just recently started talking.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My oldest was around 8 months when she started saying dada and knowing what it meant. My son was 6 1/2 months and said ball. Followed that week by mama, baby, baba and bike. That boy was a handful. He started walking at 10 months and knew at least 12-15 (of not more) words by then. By 12 months he was speaking in full sentences and had an extensive vocabulary. Everyone thought he was at least 2.
    My middle daughter said her first word at 16 months and only knew 2 words at 18 months. By 2 she knew like 15 words. She was the polar opposite of my son.
    My youngest daughter said her first words around 7-8 months and hasn't stopped talking since. She was using complete sentences at 18 months. Now at 3 she talks like a 4-5 year old and cracks us up with the stuff she says.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009