I think there's something wrong with me, mentally???

For the past few months I feel like I'm getting dumber and dumber.
Seriously. Not in a "book smarts" way, but in a more...social, talking, mental disorder way...
I don't really know how to describe it.
I mostly notice it while talking with my husband. Like I'll make poor analogies and say things he (and even I) know are stupid. Like my i.q. is dropping or something.
On top of that my short term memory has gotten terrible.
Several times my husband has called me stupid and gotten angry with me while having conversations. It's really upsetting me and I don't know if there's anyway to fix this.
I'm 22 and a stay at home mom with a 2 year old. My hubby works 6-7 day weeks. And I don't have friends or leave the apartment much. The only people I talk to are my hubby, son (who doesn't talk yet), and my family on an occasional visit.
Maybe that has something to do with it? It just really really bothers me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• I too lost some social skills due to isolation following a move to a new city. You just get out of practice. Definitely get involved in something. I joined a MOMS club and have had a great experience. I get to meet new people and see the area we live in through activities. DS gets to play with other kids and just has FUN! DH is happy because I don't pounce on him as soon as he gets home from work because I'm starved for adult interaction/communication. It has been a win/win situation for all of us. Good luck and know that you aren't the only one.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It's because you are too isolated. I have forgotten how to carry on conversations myself, since staying home.Our brains were made to socialize and when we stop doing that it can really mess you up.I would talk to yourself everyday, like you were to a person,just yack about anything.I pray alot and it relieves me of my frustrations and it's theraputic.Join a church and get involved in their Bible studies,chorus,book club,or anything they got going on or join a charity this will help you to meet people.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Been there done that. I've been a SAHM for 16 yrs, and the most difficult time is when they are toddlers. Like the others said, get out and join a MOMS club or something. As for your husband calling you stupid and getting mad at you, that is unacceptable. He is being inconsiderate and mean and you need to let him know that you will not tolerate that kind of abuse anymore. Good luck and just get out and make some friends, you will feel so much better;)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the suggestions. I do pray often. Ever since I was a little girl I make a point to pray every day.
    I would like to go out and make friends but my hubby's work hours and having one vehicle doesn't leave any time for me to go out.
    My hubby's a real sweetheart though. Work stresses him a lot as well as our financial troubles.
    And I just don't think he knows how to be a husband. I was his first gf and we married really young. ^_^
    That and I have social anxiety pretty bad, being the class misfit in high school didn't help XD

I'm hoping once we manage to move to a house, like we've been planning, things will get better.
    I'm just relieved to know I'm not the only one and that it can be fixed.
    Thanks everybody! <3
    Anonymous