How do you get rid of a sty?

This is the first one i've ever had.It's on the inside of my eyelid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• Warm compresses on and off for twenty minutes. It will take a few days though. Do you have insurance? Doc will give an antibotic that will clear it up faster.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I have issues with stys occasionally. The worst was under my eyelid and my whole eye swelled for a week.

I will not take antibiotics for just anything the really bad one I did though so it wouldn't get worse.

For the simple ones (you aren't 'really' supposed to do this) I pop it, drain it (with very clean hands because all the problem is is oil clogging the pore) then rinse with saline to ensure it doesn't clog another pore, then put a warm compress on. Those kind never last more than a day. Even the really bad one when it came to a head I flipped my eyelid up and did the same and it was gone the next day, it was just in a really painful and horrible spot.

Just be very careful, and use plenty of saline to flush because it will keep the oil out of other pores.
    JKruger

Answer by JKruger at 2:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• breastmilk

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Warm compresses and getting med from the doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2009