How do I get this smell out of my towels?!

At some point I guess most of my towels sat wet for too long. Now the first time they are used to dry ourselves after a shower, they smell! Even right after I've washed them. Does anyone know how to get rid of that smell or do my towels need to be thrown out?

MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 1:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If you add 1 cup of white vinegar to your load of towels, and let it soak for awhile, it will DEFINITELY remove the scent....I had the same thing happen, and it works wonders, while not leaving the smell in your towels!!
    Gweneveer

Answer by Gweneveer at 7:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Put baking soda in the wash. The smell will come out.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I use Tide with baking soda. So I should just use straight baking soda? Anout how mcuh and should it be in addition to the detergent or should it be alone?
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 1:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• In addition to the detergent. Use plain out of the box baking soda, I would use about an 1/8 of a cup. I usually just guess it and shake some around in there. It should take the smell right out.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was going to suggest vinegar, too. If that doesn't work, try oxiclean, or an enzyme presoak. If they are white towels, then bleach would fix it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2009