Have you emailed your senator yet?

If you haven't contacted them about voting against HR 2454, aka Cap & Trade, the most ignorant bill to ever pass the house, which is saying something in light of the porkulus package from a few months back, you can do so here:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

It only takes a dozen senators with a D to make this travesty go away. If you are unfortunate enough to have one or two of such senators in your state, make your voice heard, and tell them exactly why you, your kids, grandkids and great grandkids can't afford to pay higher gas, electric, food, heat, and clothing bills.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yup, been there, done that, but I intend to make a real nuisance of myself about this.

Let's not forget, 8 pubs in the house signed on for this, so even if you've got one, write them, and tell your friends.

My dad didn't even know they were voting yesterday, and was heated to find out HIS pub rep voted for it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• heated to find out HIS pub rep voted for it.

I'm still trying to weed it out - has it come up yet what exactly they used to bribe those evil idjits?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No clue, it's career suicide, so l'm stumped, unless they are going to take a page out of Specter's playbook?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My rep, Glenn Nye, voted against it. I am sure Warner and Webb will..Maybe Webb won't, but Warner will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• THANK YOU for the link.
    We have to email them, AND send letters & faxes, and most of all we probably need to get people informed about what is IN it - there are SO many things covered in this GIGANTIC bill that it is bewildering ... and some things in there are so outrageous that people don't believe you when you tell them about it !! So we've got to keep on pitching.

NO ONE who understands the truth will want this bill - even GreenPeace is against it (well, doesn't support it).

... that is unless they will be chosen to be a gov't official handing out the carbon credits and getting rich off the bribes, or one of the new corporations which are all geared up to profit from the carbon credit swapping - like Al Gore's company.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the link, I just sent an email to my senator opposing this bill!

Please don't think that all democrats are on board with this. I am a dem and I am adamantly opposed to this legislation. Puts me at odds with my husband who is a big proponent of cap and trade, but he's not the one writing the checks every month for the bills.

Sorry for the anon but I don't want to PO my fellow dems taking a stand against this (and I don't want my page hit by the repubs either, trying to convert me).

If this goes through, I'll be looking into 3rd parties more rigorously during the next election cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I will be doing so this week....however, I KNOW it is going to fall on deaf ears...in PA we're up against Bob Casey and Arlen Spector...like he wouldn't sell his soul for a buck?! (sarcasm) But I have to at least TRY...whatever happens, at least I know I did what I could!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• waldorfmom - greenpeace is against it but because they don't think it's harsh enough! If greenpeace got what they wanted we'd be paying even more than what we will pay under this, as greenpeace calls it, "watered-down" version of the bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• 9:57
    But if it means that it stalls the bill, then so be it!!! This is not the time to screwing with whatever industry we have left in this country!!! If the bill stalls for another 6+ months thanks to Greenpeace, then we'll be in an election year, and you KNOW Congress and Senators won't stick their necks out in an election year!! Which means it's possible the bill will be defeated indefinitely!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009