Why does dressing rooms mirrors make you look fatter then the mirrors at your house?

Has anyone else noticed when you are in a dressing room you can't hide an ounce of fat. I look bigger in the dressing room then I do in front of my mirror, maybe I should just shoplift instead of trying them on there.. (kidding of course)

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most dressing rooms have cameras behind the mirrors watching everything that goes on in there. I seen it on 20/20 one night so be careful what you do and the faces you make!!!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• If they have cameras don't that mean they can see us when we are undressing?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Three words, overhead flourescent lighting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• yes they can see everything my sister told me that if you hold your pointer finger straight out and touch the mirror and theres a space between your finger and the mirror than theres probaly a mirror but no space theres not she looked it up on the internet or seen it on t.v. I dont remember
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Florescent lighting. It was creatd by the anti-christ.
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 1:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Wouldn't that be invasion of privacy? I don't see how that could be legal to put one inside of a dressing room
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No one gets filmed in the fitting rooms anymore, that was back in the 70's. If that were true it would be all over those internet sites like the upskirt vids. It is against the law for stores to videotape you and to watch you dress. Why do you think they give you a number of how many items you are taking in?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• oh I should have added that stores had 2 way mirrors back in the day but too many security guys were pleasuring themselves and many stores were sued over it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• that's funny, i've had the opposite experience with dressing room mirrors. they make me look oh so good. i went on a shopping spree at ross because everything i tried on made my form look great . . . then i took it all home and tried it on again. i was so sad to see it didn't look as good in my mirror as it did in theirs. i had to return a few things. i think they angle the mirrors a certain way to make you look good so you'll buy more.. it makes sense! lol.. unless it's my mirror that's been lying all this time & i really look how i do in the dressing room mirrors-- that would be GREAT! yea right! haha.. i wonder where i can find an honest mirror to tell me how i really look.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• flourescent lighting. straight from hell.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2009