Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can I do?

I am pissed and not sure what to do. My daughter was in a different city with her dad about a year ago andshe got raped and this boy that she went to the movies and church with sometimes found out about her getting raped and harrassed her over the phone and text messages making fun of her and calling her a whore. My ex husband called his mom and he got in trouble and wasnt suposed to call her anymore. Heres my problem Yesterday morning she was crying and she said it was just a bad dream but today she told me the truth. This same boy started texting her again calling her a whore and he sent two pictures of himself with an erection then told her he did it because he was bored. She still has the pictures but she accidently deleted the text messages. We cant find a number for his mom and I want to go to the cops but not sure if the pictures are enough evidence since they dont show his face. They are both 16. What can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (12)
  • Definately go to the police if you have the pictures. You don't need the texts! He is 16 yrs old and not a baby he knows what he is doing and what he is doing is disgusting and certainly punishable under the law. Don't be mad at his mother, though I'm sure with a son like that she has no control over him. Also you can contact your cell phone provider and they should be able to retrieve those texts and probably send them back to your daughter's phone. Good luck and I hope your daughter is getting all the help she needs to deal with everything.

    Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 1:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I would still go to the cops they can track the # on the phone to show that it is his.

    Answer by Shelii at 1:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • Call the police ASAP

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • It doesnt matter of the pics don't have his face-they came from his phone!

    Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 1:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • The police will track where the texts and pics came from. Nail theat little @%$&*

    Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I would definitely call the police.


    Answer by beeky at 9:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • Call the police, they can track the cell phone number. That will put a little bend in his erection!

    Answer by PamInCa at 9:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • After talking to the police, I would see if they recommend changing her cell number at this point. If you call the cell company and explain the situation most will allow you to change the number free of charge due to the circumstances or at least block his number. She shouldn't have to continue to be victimized over this.

    Answer by Lesli at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • Unlike the other posters, I wouldn't go to the police first but to the parents. This kid sounds wild, but I would try to work it out through the parents first - if they and the kid are receptive, I'd leave it at that and change the phone number as well (and make them pay for any fees, if that is an issue). I think the charges in the US for such issues can be very severe (too severe IMO) and I'm not sure you are helping your daughter by dragging her into a what may become a big legal, publicized battle.

    I would however go to the cops if the parents make no effort to put an end to it (I'd assume they'd take the phone away and take him for a chat with the police), or if he continues in any way. Also, I'd explain this to DD and make sure that if he does it again, she immediately has to give you all the messages, cell phone etc... so that you have all possible evidence.

    Answer by PhillyinFrance at 9:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

  • The pictures are enough, they can trace the pics back to his account and his address. First, he raped her and now he is harassing her. Do NOT wait, your daughter has been through enough and this man needs to be punished. Obvisoulsy the parents aren't doing anything about it if your ex can't call the mother anymore. GO TO THE POLICE. She should not have to live in fear and be harassed because of the actions of someone else.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.