Does your baby 8-9 months, have a hard time falling asleep?

Does your baby ever get really tired but doesn't want to calm down and fall asleep?
I try to rock my son, turn off the lights and calm him down but sometimes he just won't close his eyes. I know he is tired b/c he gets sooo cranky and rubs his eyes.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe he is hungary? Or teething?
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My son gets over tired like that sometimes too. But in the last week it has changed and he is a fantasitc sleeper! (we've waited 11 months for this!!) We went with the ferber method to get him to be a better sleeper. The book talks about the things we do that actually make it harder for a baby to sleep... we were rocking and giving a bottle and sneaking him into his crib. We changed his routine and with very little crying (there is a little CIO) he was sleeping well and on his own by the 4th day! It's amazing!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• m sure u check tht he's no longer hungry or itchy.....a soothing bath before his bedtimes does wonders...or else try telling him bedtime stories,a lullaby in ur lowest voice.....rubbing his back or even patting him softly.....letting him know tht it's night time n it's his sleeping time....hop u'll try...gud luck!
    momsaranx

Answer by momsaranx at 1:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Try putting him to sleep 15 or 20 minutes before he gets to that point. Sounds like he's overtired.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my daughter is 9 months old and getting her 1st tooth in so most days she fights her sleep. I usually give her a bath using baby wash with camomile in it to calm her down. then i breastfeed her while cradeling her or she laying beside me in bed. sometimes she wont fall asleep til 10:30pm you just have to be patient and play with your child and wear them out so they want to go to sleep.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009