Do wifes really "OBEY" their husbands? I mean seriously?

I just read another question and I am still in shock. Do wifes really "obey" their husbands? Would you let you hubby smack you in the mouth for backtalking him? I don't f*ing think my hubby would dare to try it. I just can't believe I just read that!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Where did you read that at? And no! I would kill my DH if he ever hit me.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It was in the relationship posts.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yeah same here. I was like wtf? I don't understand how wifes could seriously have to "obey" their husbands. I would NEVER let a man control me like that. I got lucky and have a wonderful DH. I think that it's degrading to a woman to have to "obey" a man. Seriously what's up with that?
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• it's not a real question, someone just being a troll
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Umm no that's called domestic violence - if DH tried to smack me in the mouth, I'm thinking he'd be scraping his clothes out of the yard.

Wives DO really "SUBMIT" to their husbands but that does NOT mean OBEY (and NO, I don't have submission down like I should but that really means something TOTALLY different than obedience). Sometimes our men DO need to be reminded that they're our partners - our spouses - NOT our daddies but as for smacking someone in the mouth for backtalking? OOO NOOOO not around my house. LOL

AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yep, it was a baited question. Idiot
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I don't OBEY my husband, never will OBEY! I will listen to his opinions and understand why he has them while he will listen to mine and understand mine as well... for a women to obey is domestic violence especially when being slapped!!! But some women are brought up that way... sad.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I read the question you are talking about, But i will not deal with that kind of abuse crap you will see me fighting back.
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 2:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• no we both respect each other

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i listen to my husband and does as he says but he would never hit me if i said something back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2009