basic training

just wanted to know if anyone is an army wife or nows if they are allowed to come home for christmas is it true that bases close?

gabehannahsmom

Asked by gabehannahsmom at 2:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• for christmas? I don't think so. We never went through that and yes, the bases close but it varies on the base. Here they closed for a week... some companies. Others closed for 2 days. If he is in basic he won't be comeing home because there is that chance of him not coming back. My hubby had every single right taken away from him in basic.... so I doubt they will allow him to go home.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• we're Air Force and no bases don't close completely. The clinic and the BX/PX close usually. They sometimes get an extra day or two off but again it depends on the base/post, the command and their job. As fo basic I don't thin they get a pass at Christmas. Never heard of it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• During basic, yes. It's called Christmas Exodus. You might be able to google it. I don't know how much time they get, but they do get to come home. Truthfully, I think it's to let the Drill Sgt's have time off for Christmas.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009