Safe for 2 week old to sleep in vibrating bouncy chair throughout the night?

I want to be sure its safe that my 2 week old daughter can sleep in her vibrating bouncy chair during the night? I have a bassinett and she hates it. She will cry and cry until I either rock her to sleep and when I put her back in the bassinett she starts up again. She will however sleep in her vibrating chair for 2-3 hours at a time. I just can't stop worrying about everything I do with her!

kaelynsmom09

Asked by kaelynsmom09 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My friends have let their baby sleep all night in the bouncer. I never had one but I figure if she sleeps, let her sleep :) She will be all right! And those are normal mother worries... as long as you show her love, you will do fine!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I don't know about the vibrating bouncy chair. But if she likes the vibration, you may consider a playpen that I purchased from babies r us. It has a little bed thing that goes on top and has a music box that attatches to the corner of it. there is also a vibrating option on it. My daughter loves it. When I get up in the middle of the night with her the only way she will go back to sleep is if I put her in the playpen and turn the vibration on. She goes right to sleep for a couple hours. But if she is sleeping in the bouncy chair, I don't see how it would be a major problem. I also worry about everything with my daughter too. It's natural worries, but I'm sure you will do fine.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3330190

That is the link to the playpen at babies r us. i LOVE it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• mine did..shes a month now and she still does...shes sleeping in it now lol
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Well, here's "grandma" again. For a 2wk old baby - a vibrating seat won't hurt her. It would be better however to get her used to her BED. Lots of babies don't care for a bassinette, for some reason. If you have her bed put up - try a soothing sound rather than vibration. I say this because in just a couple of months, she will need to learn to soothe herself to sleep-otherwise, YOU will be soothing her until she learns to get HERSELF TO SLEEP. I do understand that with a 2wk old -YOU need some rest - so does the baby. I would personally recommend a swing with a cradle type attach. I had both with my g.daughter and she loved the swing much longer than she did the seat. Yours is young right now and even a few weeks of this won't hurt her, but her bed is better for her . The sooner she can learn to get herself to sleep, the better.That's the biggest sleep problem wiith older babies - not able to do it themselves.
    Waycross48

Answer by Waycross48 at 5:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My oldest son refused to sleep flat until he was 3-4 nonths old. He would only sleep in carseat. My 7 week old is same way.. He will sleep in carseat,bouncy seat.. Anything that isn't flat. I've never had probs with it and he sleeps for 3 hours straight
    danibaby520

Answer by danibaby520 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I let my DD sleep in hers. But if you're not comfortable with it, you can get a bassinet that vibrates also. The one I had came from Wal-mart and only cost about $40. Good luck!
    resamerie

Answer by resamerie at 9:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My daughter would sleep in her bassinett at night but she never really slept at night. A few times when I was so tired and just didnt have the energy to go on, if she was asleep in her vibrating bouncer, I would just leave her in there. I would move it to our bedroom and then I would be able to catch a couple hours of sleep. I do not see anything wrong with it. Just make sure she is strapped in, I know some parents do not strap the little ones in their bouncer. At 7 weeks we moved her to her crib and she has slept there ever since. She is 4 months old and can soothe herself back to sleep perfectly!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2009