For Catholics and people of God, Should I let my father in law get arrested?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/archive.php?type=mine

Read this journal. I already know what I should do legally, but what should I do morally... Genuine opinions matter..

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you need to fix the link
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 2:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I went to your page and I read the Journal post. The way these ppl are treating you and your family is wrong and I think the best thing for you to do is to move the materials someplace else so that when your FIL does come they are gone. Also, if you are paying rent, that makes his grandmother the landlord? She has to have some kind of liability as long as the home is in her name. I'm a little confused about your agreement with her and why the house was never put in your husband's name. Maybe you can give me some more details
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 2:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I read your journal and all I can say is WOW! I live in a house my dad left me when god forbid my mom dies. My brother is supposed to get her house when God forbid she dies. These houses are falling apart and when my brother and his lazy GF moved in last September because the house they lived in belongs to his ex-MIL and she was over it with letting them live there for $750 for a big house, they came to me and asked if they could live with mom. I proposed that pay $300 a month and out another $500 a month into improving the house and the quality of life for my mom and well, all I can say is they failed mom bigtime! The kitchen faucet has been drizzling (not dripping) but drizzling warm water for 4 weeks! You sound like you are trying to do the right thing, I feel for you. My advice speaking as a Catholic is don't call the police but make sure FIL doesn't get all stupid about it. Have the phone handy in case! But be humble
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• IMO, you should let him take the material. (based my opinion on Matthew 5:39,40) I would move my family to a place we could be at peace. Pray for guidance in this and be open to where the Holy Spirit leads you.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the advice, we decided to take the materials out of the garage and leave them in front of it so there's no reason forhim to break the locks or trespass
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would move. Or call the housing authority in your area. As a landlord, she will be required to pay for every repair. They will send out an inspector. And the rent to own deal sounds shady. Most people do it for one year of renting, and they pay an extra 100 a month that goes into a seperate account and at the end of the year if they buy the house that extra money goes towards the down payment.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Thank u all, we're seeking legal advice to see what we can, if anything, do
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009