How does someone justify being the "other" woman?

I was reading another question and I asked myself this. How could anyone justify being with someone that is in a relationship,married or girlfriend. I have ended friendships with people that have done this because I simply have different morals regarding this. Why would anyone think this is ok to do? I don't get it.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 2:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont get it
    people use that mentallity (SP?) of well he isnt loving you any more
    i have news for the "other" woman
    if he isnt faithful to his SO or wife then why do they think that man is faithful to them ? lol
    i dont put up with that i too have ended friendships
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I will say this without 'anonymous'-ing myself. I think just about anyone who sleeps with a married man (especially a MARRIED man) is a whore. I also don't think too much about the man who cheats but it's not all her fault, since she isn't married (if she isn't) but I still think they are whores. The men too. Boyfriends, HUSBANDS are NOT without fault either.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• They feel so low about themselves and they are so desperate and needy for attention that they will use any excuse they can get their hands on
    They tell themselves that he doesnt love his wife or he is just with her because of money or the kids ect ect
    It's horrible but the truth is that they don't see it that way. My own mother is seeing a married man and me being married it makes me sick. But you can't tell her anything she thinks she knows it all. Women like that create their own complications. Eventually they just self destruct
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 3:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Blubuni99, I agree that the men are just as much to blame. I can't imagine what I would do if I found my hubby and someone skank had messed around..yes I do..I would be in orange sitting there for murder..
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i don't know either. 'homewreckers' are number 1 on my list of things i loathe. i think it's low self esteem. they need male attention from anywhere, or they want to feel better than the man's wife (competition), or they just need an ego boost to prove they can get any man to do anything for their bodies. i personally hope all women who knowingly have an affair with a married man catch aids and/or herpes. do they not realize that entire lives are at stake-- divorce, losing a home, separating children from father, downward financial spiral, and sometimes suicide. and the cheating man can rot in hell too! can you say LORENA BOBBIT!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was the other woman and I didn't even know I was! Seriously, I was dumb and naive. We were so in love and so on, we even got married and had my son. Long story... but lets just say that when we went to child support court in April there she was with him and THAT is when I realized like a big slap in the face that I was the other woman. Don't bash me for not knowing for so long but let's just say this guy could sell a freezer to an Eskimo.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think the whole AIDS thing is a bit much anon but alrighty
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 3:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Ok Gigi I am a bit confused. How could you be married to someone and not know he is married to someone else? Where was his other wife? My head is spinning on this one Gigi.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I could never be "the other woman". That's just trashy. I mean, in Gigi's case she DIDN'T know...So she's not a ho!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't wish AIDS on someone, but I also haven't had to deal with an affair by my spouce. My life would be shattered. Then his bones would be shattered..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2009