Have you used an Acai Berry product for weight loss?

If so, which did you use and did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• First, I already do those things. I have a health condition that is preventing me from losing weight even though I am healthy. My children are also in excellent health. Most of their diet contains fruits and vegetables - very little meat. We all stay away from sugary foods and empty calorie snacks/foods. My house is stocked full of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains and empty of chips, cookies, and other junk.

Second, Acai Berries are not a diet. They are berries...food....high in antioxidants - higher than bananas, apples, strawberries, etc.

Finally, thank you for passing judgement and NOT answering my question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i have lost alot of weight with acai berry in combination with a proper diet. I looked long and hard for a good supplier as I dont' really have alot of money. If you google momEmedia you will find a mother selling pharma grade supplements online on eBay for very reasonable. With Dr. Oz and Oprah talking about it there have been a bunch of products people are trying to push. the seller who i have mentioned has high quality products....plus I like supporting mommy businesses.....
    tneubr

Answer by tneubr at 7:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thank you for your thoughtful answer. I'll look into it.
    Anonymous