What was your very first job?

I worked at a hospital as a registration clerk.

jdzc820

Asked by jdzc820 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was babysitting at 11, but I got an after school job at our local grocery store at 14.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• factory job-boxing greeting cards
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was a cashier at Publix for 2 years when I was 15. Worse job I've ever had, made me truly hate people.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was 16 and was a waitress and my boss spoke no English. I quit when he grabbed me and kissed me full in the face, on the lips.

I quit and he did not pay my last check I was due.

(he also had me worki8ng past 10 pm, breaking the child labor laws in place to protect minors.)
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• mcdonalds at 16
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• When I was 15 years old I used to volunteer for the Salvation Army as a kettler up in NH for the winter. A bunch of us teens got together to help out and they paired two of us together so when it was break time one of us was with the kettle at all times. It was cool because the shoppers loved it when we sang Christmas carols and they sometimes bought us cocoa. I had also volunteered at the hospital as a Candy Striper, which was kind of neat.
    My first, official, paying job was at the very first McDonald's in Kittery, ME, when it first opened - I was part of the original crew so got to help break in the new restaurant. I was part of an awesome team and back then (early 80's) management cared about their employees and customers so we were taught wonderful work ethics and people skills. I worked there for 2 years until I graduated high school.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Back in the 70's when it was "cool" to spend your summers in a trailer park, my family and I spent a summer at "Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park & Campground" in New Hampshire. I was 12, and got to dress up as Boo Boo Bear and entertain campers, ran the movie projector, worked in the campground store, and other "odd jobs!"

I earned $2.52 per hour! By the end of the summer I had saved about $300....I was RICH...for going into 8th grade, that is!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My first job was working as a "runner" at my mother's place of employment for the company's annual food show. The first job that I actually had to apply for myself was as a cashier at Marc's.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• @ 16 I worked at a pharmacy until I graduated HS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• At 15 I walked to the local Kash N Karry and worked as a cashier
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 9:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009