Just got a period after 2 yrs....What's up with that????

kakiarkada5

Asked by kakiarkada5 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• You didn't state your age, whether you have gone thru menopause, etc, so thats kinda hard to answer.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Did you recently lose a significant amount of weight or have you stopped any form of BC lately?
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 8:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• If you have had menopause and after 2 years have a period, it might be a good idea to get checked out by your gyn.

Answer by Bmat at 9:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Or even if ur on bc that has "taken away" ur pd, ur body still has to shed its lining occasionally. When I was on depot, w/no pd & started, I FREAKED OUT! Dr told me that's all it was. So, I had a "pd" about once a year. (That was along time ago b4 they put a time limit on how long u could be on depot). I'd still see a doc just in case...
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I got my period back after 28 months because I was breastfeeding...that's totally normal in that situation. You're not specific so it's a hard question to answer.
    joshysmommy07

Answer by joshysmommy07 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You're question is not specific enough. I would say if you had menopause and then you're period continued after it had ceased I would have that checked out could very well be uterine bleeding for other causes unknown so it's good to check with your gyn. However, if you are not menopausal and you're period was no existent for 2 years there could be a growth of some kind in your uterine so I guess what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is "CHECK YOURSELF" better to be safe than sorry.
    Hurtnlostmom

Answer by Hurtnlostmom at 12:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Oops, sorry...I am 51, done with menopause or so I thought and sill be seeing my doctor on Monday.......Thank you for your responses.....
    kakiarkada5

Answer by kakiarkada5 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2009