If you were to explain future generations "who Michael Jackson was" what would you tell them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 14 yo already knows who MJ is. She's been hearing his music since birth. We watch his vidoes on Youtube any chance we get! She saw Thriller about 4 yrs. ago. She LOVES MJ! She listens and knows my Jackson 5 Greatest HIts by heart. I'm glad she was old enough to know him , his music, his legend..before he left us!

On the negative side...she also knows of the accusations, trial, yada, yada. We've discussed it all with her. It hasn't stopped her from appreciating the man, nor his music. She ordered t-shirts from Cali for us the other day....it has a picture of MJ on it..and says..with loving memory. She said she will wear it proudly!  btw..she knows who Elvis, Farrah, Alliyah, Tupac, Notorious BIG, etc. are too.

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would tell them that at one time he was a great entertainer, then he turned into a child molesting freak who really doesn't deserve all the attention he is getting now.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would tell them that Michael Jackson was a wonderful entertainer who changed the world with his music and dance skills. And leave it at that!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would tell them that he was a talented and creative singer and dancer.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. Why bother telling them about the "alleged" molestation accusations? Do they really need to know that about a dead person?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Agreed, tnm! I dnt get it! Yes, he was strange to say the least! But, unless he molested you, you can't say he was a child molestor considering none of that was ever proven. As far as we know, it was all for financial gain & attn. I mean, I could say that Dolly Parton snorted crack w/me...does that make it true?! Obviously not. But she might pay me a pretty penny to shut the hell up! Lol. Anyway... I have already had to tell my younger child who he was. The King of Pop. Great entertainer. Awesome dancer. (Haven't shown her Thriller yet as she might be scared).
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• He was the greatest pop icon in the world!He could moon walk like no one else or entertain like no one else he forever changed the music and entertainment industry forever!He will forever be the King Of Pop! You didnt have to like him but you had to respect his talent!There will never be another Micheal Jackson!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i wouldnt tell people about him
    i didnt care for his music
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Very talented pop icon with problems just like everyone else.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 9:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I'm still not sure what I'm going to say...the caused of his death is not known yet well will know in a couple of weeks. The media will immortalize him either by his music talent or by his alleged cases of child molestation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009