Where would you put a hot tub?

I recently bought a hot tub. It's been something that I have been wanting for a really long time and a friend was selling theirs for a really good price. I snatched it up. Now I have no idea where to put it. So I'm wondering if any of you have one, where you put it, and why you decided on that location or if you plan to get one, where you would put it and why. I have quite a few places that I could put it which is not helping me decide at all. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. I am hoping that maybe someone has a reason for their hot tub placement that I haven't thought about and it could help me narrow down my choices.

oh_tracie

Asked by oh_tracie at 8:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Don't have one, but I'd think fairly near the house and convenient to get to. Places we've stayed have them on the back deck. -private and convenient.

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Ours is in our sun room completely inside and covered with a roof. It would go there if you have something like that or right on the back deck.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We placed ours on our deck close to the door. This way in the winter we have a very short walk to & from the hot tub on the really cold days.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my parents plan to extend their back deck to their bedroom and put in glass doors so they can get to the deck from their bedroom, and have the hot tub right outside their bedroom. i suppose you can imagine why, i would rather not think about it :)
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• On my back deck would be nice. Anyone got a spare.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I have a screened sunroom, a deck, a patio, and a building that isn't being used for anything but storage. Ventiltation in either spot is not a problem. My concerns are weight and people traveling in and out of the house. I picture wet towels everywhere. =) I like the idea of putting it in the sunroom. People would walk in on a concrete floor rather than my hardwood floors. Just not sure the floor in the sunroom could handle the weight. But that could be a plus because I want to remodel that room anyway. Thanks for your ideas. I hadn't really thought about the sunroom because we don't use it. It's just there. There are a lot of doors that lead to the deck and who wants to go through the laundry room to go out there when another door is more convenient? With a deck and a patio, we don't have a use for the sunroom. i guess now I do. Thanks again for the ideas.
    oh_tracie

Answer by oh_tracie at 11:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009