Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is a mental disabilty(spelled)?

I know some one that has really bad mood swings and he can have them ay where from once a day to only once a week. Where hell be fine then all of a sudden he want to drop everything and give up like thier is nothing to live for. He want to leave his family and his unborn child. Thier come times that he will state that living on the street is the only thing he gonna amount too. Now they are going throw hard times where he lost his job and he happen to be working for the guy that he rent off and he wants them out she dont work she a sahm. They applied for pa but they didnt even give them 300 to live on for a month. Now it seems like his mood swings have gotton worse to the point where im afraid he might end up hurting him self. Well the real qustion is do you think he can get help for it? Maybe get like S.S. for it or something.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • I don't know that he would qualify for any kind of social security, it has to be bad enough to interfere with your life. It does sound like he has some kind of problem, though, and I do think he should find some way to see a dr. Social security is really strict, though, and it is very hard to get it, even when the problem is severe enough to limit your life. But even to get that, his first step would still be to see a dr, b/c they would be contacting his dr and looking at his medical records to determine eligibility.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 10:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • It sounds like he is manic-depressive or has bipolar disorder. Or maybe it just is really a bad time in his life and he lets it show at more times than others. Sadly, I'm not sure if this qualifies him for help from the government. Although I wish that people with mood disorders could get help from the government.

    Answer by ajguinn at 10:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • He should get on medications for it and stay on them, it's his only real hope.Maybe if he's on the medication and it's helping or not,then his doctor could write a note to S.S.I. and that would help him get it.

    Answer by countingsparows at 1:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • Doc wont see him because he ain't got no insurances. I told him time and time again that he need to see a doc it got alot more issues then just that and the only way to truly calm him down is make him "smoke" if you know what i mean. i know some one that does it all the time and when he get that way i have them come over and smoke with him and it seem to clam and relax him to where he forgets about it . He has went trough alot in short life he only 25 and he has went from seeing his mom being the best single parent she could be to them living in a motel and begging that they don't put her and her kids and then jumping from home to home. Then getting married at a young age thinking if he had kids he will always be their and take care of them and never go throw what he did.Then his wife(ex now) left him 2 weeks later for another man, she said she didn't want no kids with him but now has her 5 one on the way?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.