Don't know how to get over this lonley feeling.

I'm recently separated. Have plenty of friends to keep me busy, but lately just feel alone and very sad. I am off for the summer, guess I have to much time on my hands to think about things. I love my home and all that goes with it, yet I still feel so very alone. I know everything takes time, just when you're in the moment it isn't easy. Alot to think about and alot to worry about. Especially Money!

Rooskie50

Asked by Rooskie50 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Enjoy some hobbies. Get some new ones. Reading a book can be a great escape from your life, for a little while, and if you read the right kind, can even make you feel better about your own life, compared to the charactors in the book. Is there something you always wanted to do, but didn't b/c he wouldn't let you or you felt you couldn't for whatever reason? Do it now! Get together with your friends and do things: go to a concert in the park, or on a picnic, to the lake for a day, whatever.

And then again, sometimes you just need to wallow in your misery for a little while before you can move on. Maybe you need to dwell on it for just a little while, or talk to a good friend (or a counselor if you don't feel you can talk to a friend), get it out of your system.

It will get easier in time, regardless of which way you go to get past it. Life will go on, and you will find happiness again. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Even tho you have lots of friends to keep you busy, it isn't the same as having someone at home when you are there. It takes to time to adjust after being seperated, so its one of those day by day things. It will get easier as time passes. If you don't read, thats a good start, it can blow some hours.Find a hobby that you enjoy and do it. If you start thinking about things, go for a walk, or do something to take your mind off of it.Visit friends or family in the evenings, just do something different when you start thinking about things.Even if you love your home, would you be better off in a cheaper place? A place that is yours without memories.You will learn to adjust, it just takes time and patience. Good Luck☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Keep busy. Maybe do some volunteer work, if you want to. You can exercise (even just walking can help).
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 11:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• adjusting to anything new takes time. How about taking a class at the local college or teach a class for kids at the local rec center? When I get bored and lonely I get out the local community calendar and try to go to as many things as I can. Most are free. I get to get out. I see people and maybe those people will introduce me to new ppl. Sometimes I get on the bus and ride just to see what is new in the community. The key is to stay busy. Do all the things you wanted to do and couldn't do before. Do some volunteer work. That should keep you busy!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• im sorry you feel that way its the worst feeling in the world. honestly idk what you can do to make that feeling go away. i mean if your home doin nothing your thinkin bout it but if you doin somethin it still manages to creep into your mind...unless you do somethin that takes alot of concentration and you really have to think about it. but when i do stuff like that if im really upset i cant even focus on it...so idk. but i hope you manage to feel better and ill be praying for you
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009