Emg. Houseing?

Where do I look in the phone book for EM. houseing?
I love My DD,
I just can not live with her any more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• "Instead of looking for housing for this daughter you love so much, why not try to understand her and try to get along better? kicking her out is the cowards way out!"

This is exactly what is wrong with the world's population. She is an adult now, if she wants to act out then maybe she needs to be on her own.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I think it would depend upon your situation. Maybe the red cross? A local shelter? The YWCA? A church?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Adult girl/child, Disrespectable, and un ruley.
    MamasTooOld

Answer by MamasTooOld at 10:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• If she is over 18..time for a job and an apartment. Sink or swim.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Instead of looking for housing for this daughter you love so much, why not try to understand her and try to get along better? kicking her out is the cowards way out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Perhaps she has a friend or another family member who would allow her to room with them until she can save enough for her own place. I don't think that mom being sick of her constitutes an emergency in most places. Sorry but I think they reserve emergencies for houses burning down and physical abuse. Have her look up HUD housing. She can move into the projects for little money and have her own place to live and leave you alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

No it's not, it's called tough love!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Developmentally Delayed adults are different from others, due to their disabilities. Have you sought counseling for her and you? Has she lost her DDD services? If not, get her social intervention. However, remember this is a girl and the things that could occur to her, could be far worse than what is occuring in your home. however, if you are not safe, then you may need to have the Adult/Child Protection Agency involved to protect yourself or other children. this places her into the network for services, if she becomes violent you can have her removed, but, understand the consequences... Does she or is she capable to work? Have you contacted your Dept of Labor in your state for Dept Vocational Rehab? She can obtain training for employment, maybe she is angry, because she feels dependent, when she wants to grow towards independence... Change of both your attitudes might help... We had same prob, now at peace...
    mamajack824

Answer by mamajack824 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you mama jack and you others that obviously understand the possision my dd, That I Do Love Very Much, has put me in.
    She is completely able to work. So is that man/boy she brought along home.. It's been two months now and they have yet to bring in a roll of toilet paper. I'm fed up now.
    MamasTooOld

Answer by MamasTooOld at 6:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009