Hey Military Moms?

Has Michelle Obama worked on her Cause of helping military famlies at your military post or base?

I guess the Obama family was out stuffing backpacks for military kids. Who knew the extent to her help was going to be Public Relation Photo OPs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Michelle has two little girls. I do not approve of her husband. I do, however, appreciate any time she puts forth for charity efforts, etc. I consider it separate from the presidency. - also approve of her gardening.

Her priority should be raising her kids, not photo ops. Jmo.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• She obviously has time to be working on her cause. She was speaking in San Francisco: the most unwelcome city to our military in the nation. 

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/22/first-lady-issues-a-call-for-service/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• she came here to ft bragg a couple months ago
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• She hasnt been here and we are at a major military base. You couldnt pay me enough money to go to her photo op, pretending to care about the people who defend her freedom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Actually, their is a website called Blue Star Families, which I am a member. She organized it, and a couple of weeks ago we choose a director of our area for Fort Lewis and McChord Airforce Base. We will meet and discuss our concerns and issues. She actually has done quite a bit. We are forwarded two emails a week from her addressing actions and steps that are being taken to be make sure that the needs of military families are being met. I never received anything like this under the previous administration. If you are a military spouse, you might want to go and join.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Nothing here. All those Date Nights, Wed, Night Parties in The White House, etc... I imagine she is pretty busy kissing the arses that got her husband elected. I am sure once they are done with her, she will make her cause important on her timeframe.. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• 2-1CavWife, we were just talking about this website (Blue Star Families) at a recent coffee... Michelle did not start this group. It has been around since the 1900's... Many have signed up a long time ago and only have received the fwd'd messages...
    http://www.bluestarfam.org/
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I just received a pm... The BSF from the 1900's was a local military family network.. The National BSF was started and organized by Kathy Roth-Douquet, NOT Michelle Obama. pardon me... :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Consider yourself pardoned, and I stand corrected, but it doesn't negate the fact that she does have involvement with it. I receive much more than forward messages as well, so I am not sure where you are at, perhaps the director of your area isn't doing what she is supposed to be doing. I never received anything under the previous administration, and didn't start until after Obama was in the White House. So I am much happier with the involvement of the present first lady compared to the previous, although I am aware the Laura was busy with literacy campaigns, also a noble cause in my opinion.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No worries, I will go on the forum and ask them who the director of the area is... Thanks....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009