when you text your husband or so, do they text you back?

i text my husband occasionally, to say i love you, and to remind him when he needs to pick up something on the way home. and he never reply's back to me. i know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but i've looked through his phone(i'm terrible , i know) and noticed that he texts a lot of his friends regularly, a girl from work in particular, and they text each other a lot. i know they are just friends, i've met her, and they mostly talk about ufc fighting and stuff, but i just don't understand why he can text her all the time but he can't ever reply to my messages.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. I hate it when my babys dad does that especailly since I know he gets them and he texts his friends ALL the time. Makes me feel un important. I saw this cute quote it says
    " When I text you it means I miss you.... When I don't it means I'm waiting for you to miss me.."
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My DH has to be really mad at me or feeling really disconnected from me to not text or call me. Even then, he will, but not put "love you" at the end.

Seems kinda fishy if he's texting all his friends and the girl a lot, but not you. Perhaps he's not feeling connected to you or he feels that you are nagging him or are clingy.

I know I'd be pretty pissed if my DH did that and didn't have a legit reason to not send a quick text back to me. It's disrespectful. It's the same thing as if you were having a face to face conversation and he just ignored you the whole time, but would talk to his friends and the girl. Not cool on his part.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• always, unless we are arguing && he is VERY mad....lol

If he is at work it might take him a few minutes if he is really busy, but I know he will as soon as he gets a chance.

That's the main way we communicate when we're apart, because neither one of us can stand talking on the phone.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• if he's not sleeping (he works a 12 hr night shift 4 sometimes 5 days a week) but when he's awake yes. almost always. and even if he's mad. and even if he's really mad he lets me know it but says but i still love you
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• he also texts when he's at work (shh dont tell no one) and he says goodnight babie or i love you babie but if he's mad he'll jus say goodnight or the worst goodnight lisa ..i hate when he gets mad and says my name...makes me want to change it to babie that way he always has to call me that no matter what hahaha that would be funny
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• yupp, mine will always text back even if its me being mean he'll text something real stupid that will just make me laugh.

but i do agree its kinda weird that he cant even say "ok" or even "ily" but can text other people. i think you should sit down and talk to him and tell him how its making you feel.

just a suggestion.
    the.azian

Answer by the.azian at 2:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes, Mine always texting me back even if he's mad at me. We don't play games with eachother. If we have something on our mind we comfort eachother about it. Just ask him nicely how come he never responds to your texts etc? get the line of communtication open about not communicating through the day. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I do with my SO but he doesn't like to text in the first place, but my fwb , we text all the time, and his wife doesn't know he knows how to text.
    Anonymous