Do you think breastfeeding is a normal, natural process and think of it as a beautiful bond with the baby?

Are you not offended in any way by a breastfeeding mother? Are you offended by a mother feeding her child in any way? Do you think that mothers are entitled to do this with their infant/toddler? Do you think that people who don't like it have the option of not nursing their own children and perhaps just saying to their inquisitive, sensitive children that "That is how that mommy feeds her baby." End of story.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not offended and of course it's a natural process. Do you think they had formula and bottles hundreds of years ago? If formula is so "natural" then why do dogs, cats, dolphins, whales and other mammals still nurse their babies?

If someone doesn't like it then they don't need to look. Children DONT notice a breastfeeding mother unless their own mother is making a big deal out of it. My children (though they were breastfed) don't go around pointing out every formula mom...why do you think those children would point out breastfeeding moms? They don't until their mom makes a deal out of it.

"that is how that mommy feeds her baby" Is in fact END OF STORY. If you don't like a mother nursing her babies you better danged sure keep them from animals because they've not jumped on the formula feeding craze yet.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I'm not offended in any way and I think it is a beautiful thing to see. It wouldn't offend me if a mom flopped her whole boob out in front of me to nurse here baby. I'm not in 6th grade anymore and I understand the beauty and purpose of the whole breastfeeding process! I think women should be able to breastfeed their children anywhere they want, discreetly of course, and not have everyone gasping and sneering at her as though she should have the sense to sit in a filthy bathroom stall to feed her child and save the public from having to see the slightest amount of skin.

What does offend me is having to see the majority of young girls and women these days walking around with everything they have showing and seeing it on every magazine cover and no one seems to be bothered by that! What is wrong with our society???

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It is a babies birthright to have mommy and her milk. Anytime, anywhere.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I am not offended at all. It is a mothers right to feed her child the way she wants. I was not able to breast feed due to many reasons. I don't think anyone should "bash" another for the way they choose to feed their child.
    My cousin breastfeeds and I told my son, "That's how Brooklyn gets her food." He asked me how did he get his milk and I told him he got it from the bottle because mommy's milk wasn't that good for him. He's 3 and I want to teach him about choices and about the fact that sometimes you don't have a choice - as in my case. One of the reasons I couldn't breast feed is the medication I had to take. Anyway, I want him to know it's natural and to not feel uncomfortable in his life when he sees a mother breast feeding her child.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I plan on exclusively Bfing and would feel much safer than giving my baby a bottle of formula that you take the companies word for what's in it. Besides it is a great way to bond and I praise women that do it in private or tactfully in public. Not to mention breastmilk is free... I'm likin that!
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• In general I do feel that. Unfortunately for me it didn't feel natural at all and I hated every moment I tried to breastfeed my oldest. I found it to be an awful experience...for me. I don't care what other women do, though. More power to them. I'm happy to see babies nursing when I'm out and I've never shielded my kids from it. Even my son knows what breastfeeding is and wouldn't freak out if he saw a mom nursing a baby (in fact my friend has nursed at our house with my kids around...that's how they learned about it). He's almost 8 and thinks that's normal.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Guess I am not too offended because I am still nursing my 2.5 year old.  Besides being best for baby when I was 16 a friend in high school had a baby.  When I went to the hospital to see her she was trying to breastfeed and it struck me as being so beautiful. 

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i breastfed my child and it is a beautiful bond but not one i think should be done in public. cuz some people are uncomfertable with it and that doesnt mean its in a perverted way its jus i know some people get uncomfertable with that. but i loved having that bond with my daughter and whenever she was hungy if i was home and had company over id go to the room and if it was at a store or restraunt id go to the bathroom or back to the car with a blanket over my body. i jus think its more appropriate
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It doesn't offend me really. She shouldn't have to leave the room or anything, but I would prefer for her to throw a blanket or something over her shoulder. I don't feel that that is too much to ask. If my son ever sees someone breastfeeding, I will simply explain it to him. It is nothing to be ashamed of, but I wouldn't want a bunch of random strangers seeing my breasts either.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I breastfed.  Breastfeeding in public does not offend me and I believe that EVERY mother has the right to choose how to feed her baby.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009